Robert H. Smith

The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop, at late or early hour. Now is the only time you own. Live, love, toil with will. Place no faith in time. For the clock may soon be still.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

My New Friend

A number of thoughts crossed my mind as I write this.

I am in the middle of my VBA class right now while the lecturer goes on to recap what we did yesterday. In my mind, I am thinking of what breakfast to buy during the break. I am also thinking about how I should write this post. So yes, I know what you are thinking... Guilty as charged; I'm not exactly paying attention.

Anyway, I got acquainted with a new friend just 3 days ago. He's called VBA... sounds cheesy yeah. Please do not think that my relationship with my new VBA friend is unique, it’s none other than a normal relationship you have with your friends or family.

Why would I say this? It’s only when you know more about a person before you really appreciate him or her for who she is. Before that, the person is either irritating if not mostly normal. I’m giving VBA the benefit of the doubt because I have read and witnessed many of the interesting things he can do. He is probably not going to be my best buddy. Still, I regard him as a worthwhile friend to have.

I foresee getting to know VBA as an arduous task as he speaks in a language totally foreign to me. So far, I understand that he is a very logical person, so if you don’t make sense to him, he will tell you that, “Sorry! I can’t do it. ” and does not propose any solution. In his world, that is called “Error”. He tests my patience half the time… sometimes I feel like shutting him up.

Miscommunication happens when you don’t understand the other party or vice versa and probably will not get resolved if you don’t bother understanding. Just like how VBA will continue to vomit an error message until I learn and fix his problems correctly. For each time that I managed to troubleshoot successfully; I feel that I know him better. He gives me this sense of satisfaction that I can’t get from Daniel. Hope my relationship with VBA will reach greater heights.