Robert H. Smith

The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop, at late or early hour. Now is the only time you own. Live, love, toil with will. Place no faith in time. For the clock may soon be still.

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Vices at work

I never like to get myself involved in polictics. In fact, I used to despise people who play politics. I thought that if you have the substance, you'll fare better if not as well than those who play politics. Sadly, this is not the case at the workplace where competition is pervasive.

As a new member of my organsation, I have learnt a lot just by observing and assessing the political landscape. Much of it is subtle and unspoken, but nearly everyone is competing for something or the other; opportunities, recognition, status, compensation, manpower, space, budgets etc.

I believe sooner or later, some politicking is required to get me to my destination.