Robert H. Smith

The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop, at late or early hour. Now is the only time you own. Live, love, toil with will. Place no faith in time. For the clock may soon be still.

Sunday, August 21, 2011

My homework

I find that the biggest challenge in my life is to be able to constantly be better than the current me. Everyday is a test for me to showcase how I can be a better person, a better employee, a better sibling, a better lover.

Whenever I am sad, or angry, I do not stay so for long. Instead, I spent my time thinking how I can make things better.. in any way possible and how could I have prevented things from happening the way it did? If I knew I could do something to make things better, I would. Even if it's just one small thing because they still count for me.
 
In simple terms, I would rationalise my emotions and align them to reality. Face the music, learn from past mistakes and move on... never to make the same mistakes again. When I see the flaws in others, I also see the gem in them. Learning from them is my everyday supplement to becoming a better person. Not everyone has the same learning capacity, same level of adaptability, patience and maturity. Sometimes, we all fall short of our goals because of pride and anger management issues.

Life is too short for regrets, too short to stay unhappy and too short to upset the people whom I care and love around me. More time should be spent to improve yourself, to exceed your own limits.