Robert H. Smith

The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop, at late or early hour. Now is the only time you own. Live, love, toil with will. Place no faith in time. For the clock may soon be still.

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Family

Family placed a great importance in my life and being part of my family has shaped me into a person I am today. I have very strong beliefs about what family is all about.

Family to me, are people whom you can trust, whom will standby you in all instances... Good times and bad times, they are there to support you physically, financially and emotionally whenever needed.... but never to watch you fall. And when you do really fall, and you know that you can count on them to pick you up and guide you along.

Family is not one that is selfish and inconsiderate, mutual respect is to be considered. Family especially is not one is superficial upfront but in actual fact backstabs to get what he or she wants. Family should be able to accept you for who you are and constantly help you become a better person.

Family is not something you can take for granted and not give back. In order to sustain a family, you need people who really love and care for this home, to watch over it and protect it at all means.

As of today, I'm at least thankful that the small nucleus of  us "6" can be considered as family. But beyond my immediate family, I cannot be so sure...