Robert H. Smith

The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop, at late or early hour. Now is the only time you own. Live, love, toil with will. Place no faith in time. For the clock may soon be still.

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Small lesson learnt - Never to short

Ahhh... what a terrible experience. I shorted SGX shares unintentionally and was unable to buy back as I did not have access the the trading platform in my office. To my horrow, the market order was done for theday. As this is a violation of the MAS regulation, I was almost fined a thousand dollars... Luckily i managed to borrow the shares for delivery. I bought the shares back today; made paper profit of 60 bucks. After all the financing charges, I hope I can at least make 5 bucks. Whatever, I hate the bloody philips platform coz it's not live and it's not very user friendly. Worst, it can't be accessed in my offfice. I am thinking of cancelling my account with them asap.

Yesterday, I was just looking at the video- The best place to work - Google, on youtube. Indeed, it's repleted with 5 class facilities. :)