Robert H. Smith

The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop, at late or early hour. Now is the only time you own. Live, love, toil with will. Place no faith in time. For the clock may soon be still.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Choosing my MBA

After some research, these are some of the 9 key factors I would take into consideration when choosing my post graduate school.

1) Reputation – I don’t want to be ashamed of your school appearing on your cv
2) Duration of course – opportunity cost of doing a part time or full time course on impact on my work/career/cash inflow
3) Budget – how much spare cash do I have and how much loan am I willing to take
4) Faculty – to build a strong network and learn from the best
5) Curriculum – the name of the cert can be good but the contents crap?
6) Student Profile – how much are the students similar to my own values, are they of someone I aspire to be, which are the sectors and positions they go into after grad
7) Years of establishment – definitely one factor to build a strong legacy and good reputation
8) Facilities – do they have sports facilities, location of school, flexibility?
9) Staff – are they friendly and helpful to students?

First thing first, take GMAT!